There is nothing more special than your first pregnancy. It’s such an exciting time in your life and although that last trimester might feel like it takes 100 years – in retrospect the time really does fly by. Some very enthusiastic parents have started a trend that is taking off. Pregnancy time-lapse videos. Although some of the ideas in them are a little cheesy the idea is brilliant! I really wish I had done this for my pregnancies! I did have some great images of me taken whilst pregnant but it would have been great to be able to see the changes that my body went through!
Take a look at some of the best baby time-lapse videos:
Want to do it? Here are a few tips on how to make a baby video:
1. Choose a location that has a clear background and isn’t pilled with junk! Against a wall works best.
2. Use the same camera and shoot from the same spot. Choosing a location where you can rest the camera on something and leave it there works best.
3. Decide whether you will wear the same clothes or not. If you choose to, leave that outfit only for the pictures.
4. Set and alarm reminder in your phone to remind you to take the pictures.
5. Try to take the pictures at the same time of day for lighting purposes. Monday and Thursday evening just before bed tends to work well.
6. Don’t worry about how you look. No make-up, messy hair? It all adds to it! If you have to do yourself up before every shot you will find you will give it up pretty quickly!
7. Take at least 10 shots each time and ensure you back up your photos, nothing would be worse than loosing them! Ensure that you save them in folders marked by month, inside the folders they should automatically collect in date order. This will help when you go to edit your video.
8. Many cameras now have automatic sequence shooting options so dig out your cameras manual and check out your options.
9. Choose a fun song to go with your shots. Make sure its something that is fun and meaningful to you.
10. Dont forget to take a shot when your bub arrives!
11. Edit your video! There are lots of programs that can help you to put your video together fairly simply. Vimeo and Smilebox are great free options. Sequence by Mac is $34.99 and is for those who want to take their editing to the next level! There are also several apps for iPhones that take you through the entire process.
12. Finally, enjoy watch your video with your family and friends and marvel at what your body is capable of!
I hope this article on how to make a baby video has been helpful? You can read more of my blog by clicking HERE!