Family Lasagne Recipe:
In our family lasagne is a favourite. Yes it can be a little labour intensive to make but its ALWAYS worth the work, especially if you do a double batch and save a tray for another night! This simple recipe uses the sauce from my bolognese recipe. If this is pre made (in a big batch) then assembling a lasagne is actually very simple. The most important thing to remember is that recipes like this come from the heart. I never make it exactly the same, I use what I have in the fridge or what I feel like that night. So go with your heart and enjoy this family lasagne recipe with your family!
- 1 Bottle Italian Passatta
- 1 Pack of fresh lasagne sheets
- Grated cheese (of your choice- I like Perfect Italiano – Perfect bakes)
- Parmesan cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- 1 Packet of frozen spinach
- 2 Takeaway containers of pre-made bolognase sauce (click here for recipe)
Bechamel (white cheese sauce) store bought or see recipe below.
Note: It’s always best to make 2 at once so you can freeze one for future use.
- Use a splash of passatta to coat the base of a large baking tray.
- Cut lasagne sheets to form the first layer.
- Spoon over a layer of bolognese sauce (ensure this is not too hot or your sheets will curl up).
- Cover this with a second layer of lasagne sheets.
- In a large bowl mix the defrosted spinach and the ricotta with 2 tablespoons of parmesan.
- Use this mix to make the next layer and then cover this with another layer of the pasta sheets.
- Repeat the bolognese and ricotta layers (don’t be shy to splash some of the passatta sauce in-between he layers as you go to ensure a juicy result- nothing worse than dry lasagne!)
- Finish with a layer or bolognese and pour over your white (béchamel sauce).
- Top with grated cheese and bake for 30-45 min at 180 degrees depending on the brand of lasagne sheet (check pack for instructions.) Consider covering your lasagne in foil during baking if the cheese on top becomes too brown!
- ENJOY! Once cooled you can freeze portions or the whole tray!
Note : If you want to add a few more veges why not include a layer of mashed sweet potato or a layer of grilled capsicum and egg plant. The sky is the limited with this family lasagne recipe so go nuts!
Bechamel sauce recipe:
- 60g Butter
- 1/3 Cup Plain Flour
- 4.5 Cups Milk.
Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat until foamy. Add flour and cook for 1 -2 minutes. Turn heat down LOW slowly add milk whisking continuously until a smooth consistency is achieved . Cook for a further 10 minutes until mixture thickens.
Thanks for reading my favourite family lasagne recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does. If you have your own additions to your family lasagne recipe please let me know!