Let’s be honest, all kids love chips! My kids would happily live on chips if I gave them half a chance. But they aren’t exactly the most nutritious food on the menu! I do however happily serve them as a side to a healthy meal. I often laugh about the fact that my kids will eat a whole plate of chips but if I put one tiny piece of boiled potato near them it instantly gets thrown across the room.
Chips take a lot of preparation to make fresh and the frozen ones are just a bit gross to me. Well thanks to Nigella I have found a great solution. Gnocchi chips. Easiest recipe in the world and the kids LOVE them. You may be thinking: what on earth is Gnocchi? Gnocchi is actually a round shaped italian “pasta” made from potato. Thus it makes the perfect base for homemade chips. If you are super clever you can also find sweet potato gnocchi and trick your kids into eating healthy chips!
- Olive Oil
- Store bought Gnocchi
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a large pan.
- When the oil is hot add the gnocchi. You can test this by adding one piece. The oil around it should bubble.
- Cook until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Remove gnocchi and allow to cool on paper towel.
- Serve as a snack or as a side to a healthy meal!