How To Make Baby Formula | Introduction
Knowing how to make baby formula properly is important. Most mums start off doing it properly and then get lazy and cut corners, which is usually when the unwanted and unnecessary issues occur. It’s easy to learn how to make baby formula properly and thoroughly, and is easy keep it up until your baby is off the formula. Below we have set out a guide to follow so you can learn how to make baby formula safely and easily. It is short, sweet and easy to read, so please print it, store it in the memory bank and if you forget some stuff, come back to it when you’re ready!
How To Make Baby Formula | Equipment
- Baby Bottles
- Water Jug
- Storing bottles or containers
How To Make Baby Formula | Steps
- Read the instructions on the tin on how to make the specific baby formula you buy. Always abide by those instructions and if in doubt, use these as a guide.
- Fill the kettle and put it on every day. Once it’s boiled and cooled down, fill the water jug and put it in the fridge. This is the best way to store pre-boiled water and is better than it sitting in the kettle. You can buy stainless steel water jugs that you can pour boiling water straight into. Make sure the jug has been sterilised before you pour the water into it.
- Wash your hands.
- Sterilise anything that the formula touches including bottles, knives, spoons etc.
- Pour the pre-boiled water into the pre-sterilised baby bottle. Always do this first so the formula powder doesn’t get clogged on the bottom!
- Scoop the formula powder onto the scooper provided, using the exact amount stipulated on the instructions. To get the exact amount, use a knife to level off the scoop. Only use the scoop provided in the tin and make sure the knife is clean and sterilised.
- Scoop the powder into the bottle.
- Put the nipple and cap onto the bottle firmly and then shake it well, making sure all the lumps are out of the bottle.
- Take the cap off and away you go!
- You can pre make it before hand, but remember to only store pre-made formula for the correct amount of time!
If you want a good impartial review of every type formula powder available, try this great site: http://www.productreview.com.au/c/baby-formulas.html
We hope you enjoyed this page on how to make baby formula! If you’re done, please leave us your own tips on how to make baby formula in the comments section below! Otherwise please continue on with our Bottle Feeding Bible by clicking NEXT below!
Although the information on this page includes well thought-out, educated opinions, and all care has been taken putting it together, it is intended to be a guide only, and is NOT intended to be medical or other professional advice. The information contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, and you should always consult your doctor or other healthcare professional on all issues relating to you, your baby or otherwise. We, any of our related entities, the author, or any other person or entity associated with the creation of this page or website does not accept any liability for any loss of any nature whatsoever arising out of them, and none of those parties shall be held liable to any extent whatsoever for any such loss.