Help With Breastfeeding | Introduction
If our Comprehensive Breastfeeding Guide OR our About Breastfeeding Page still doesn’t help you and you’re worried about anything relating to breastfeeding, than always ask for professional help with breastfeeding.
When To Ask For Help With Breastfeeding
- If you are feeling unsure or concerned.
- If you feel your milk supply has not ‘come in’ or is low.
- If you are experiencing pain during feeding or sore nipples after feeding.
- If you feel hot or sore spots on your breasts.
- If your newborn baby is not feeding between 8-12 times in a 24 hr period.
- If your baby does not have enough wet or soiled nappies.
- If your baby is not attaching well.
- If your baby is sleepy on the breast and seems hungry after feeds.
- If you are suffering from engorgement.
- If your baby is not gaining weight.
Where To Go For Help With Breastfeeding
If you have questions or concerns, your doctor or the hospital at which you delivered should be your first port of call for help with breastfeeding. They can often link you up with a variety of services including lactation consultants.
Some Other Useful Contacts To Help With Breastfeeding
Australian Breast Feeding Association – They can often offer you help with breastfeeding through their long list of professional contacts www.breastfeeding.asn.au
Your state government health website
24 Hour Child Health Line 1800177279
We hope you enjoyed this help with breastfeeding page! If you’re done, please leave us your own contacts or help with breastfeeding in the comments section below! Otherwise please continue on with our About Breastfeeding Centre
Although the information on this page includes well thought-out, educated opinions, and all care has been taken putting it together, it is intended to be a guide only, and is NOT intended to be medical or other professional advice. The information contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, and you should always consult your doctor or other healthcare professional on all issues relating to you, your baby or otherwise. We, any of our related entities, the author, or any other person or entity associated with the creation of this page or website does not accept any liability for any loss of any nature whatsoever arising out of them, and none of those parties shall be held liable to any extent whatsoever for any such loss.