Easy Homemade Sausage Rolls! Only 3 ingredients!
Easy Homemade Sausage Rolls
Easy homemade sausage rolls are the perfect lunchtime treat for kids and adults alike. A real crowd pleaser these homemade sausage rolls will fool everyone into thinking you are some kind of Martha Stuart super mum. Little will they know there are only 3 ingredients in this super easy recipe and they can be pre-made and hidden in the back of your freezer ready to whip out at anytime!
These are so easy I reckon this recipe is even one for the Dad’s to try!
If you have fussy eaters in your household this is the recipe for you. You can literally choose any type of sausage as the filling. Beef, lamb, chick, pork, even vege sausages will work! So buy some pastry and some sausages next time you are at the shops and pop them in the freezer for a rainy day!
2 Sheets Puff Pasty
6 Small Thick Sausages (I used lamb and rosemary for one batch and angus beef for another- choose your fav!)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Lay out 2 sheets of puff pastry and allow to thaw slightly. Cut pasty sheets in half long ways.
- Remove “skin” from sausages and place filling in a line down the centre of pastry.
- Whisk the egg. Brush one side of the pasty with the egg mixture.
- Fold the pasty over onto itself to close the sausage mix inside. If you wish to freeze the sausage rolls for later use you should wrap them in glad wrap and freeze in long lengths. To use allow to thaw to room temp and continue following recipe.
- Brush the pastry with egg.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Transfer to baking tray and bake the sausages rolls for 12-15 minute until golden brown. Chop and serve!
Sign Up Silly!
Sign up for mimijumi mail and get all the latest exclusive offers and useful parenting information you'll never forget! No Spam. No Junk. Just Great Content.
- A few nights ago a strange thing happened. I wa...
- 10 Baby Sleep Aids Sleep! It’s the one th...
- Family Lasagne Recipe: In our family lasagne is...
- This weeks post is from guest blogger Tegan Bry...
- 1 Mum, 3 Ways Do I have enough love to go aroun...